Mendel and Meiosis:
- Meiosis Video:
- Answer the questions on a Google Doc and submit to MB before the end of class.
3. Class Debate
- 2 groups of 6 – 3 for and 3 against 1 group of 7 – 3 for, 3 against and first to join Zoom class gets to choose.
- Debate will happen on Tuesday in break out rooms
- Must include Intro, argument, all students must talk, minimum of 2 sources, slide show for visuals (be careful – not graphic), must include info about monosomy, trisomy, etc…
- Look at historical facts, such as E. German gender reassignment and athletic competitions (optional)
- Debate Rules
- Listen attentively.
- Be respectful and supportive of peers.
- Speak only when recognized by the moderator.
- Use grammatically correct language.
- Speak clearly, slowly, and loud enough to be heard by the audience.
- Speak with passion and excitement.
- You may bring some brief notes, but you may not read them.
- Maintain good eye contact with the audience.
- Debate Rubric