Nutrition and Exercise
- Begin creating your presentation. There should be 2 slides devoted to each of the following categories:
- Carbohydrates (bread, cereal, rice, and pasta)
- Vegetables and Fruit
- Fats, oils, and sweets
- One slide for each category should include the following information:
- recommended servings
- suggestions of healthy foods in each category including calorie counts and pictures of examples.
- The second slide for each category should include the following information:
- pictures of the foods that you ate categorized into each slide
- Analysis of what was healthy
- Analysis of what was unhealthy
- Ways you could improve your eating habits
- Next you will keep a “food journal” of everything you eat or drink for the next 3 days. You should take pictures of each of your meals including snacks. If this is not possible then you will need to search for pictures of each of the foods and cite each picture.
- An extra slide for each category should be included. On each of these extra slides you will include pictures of what you ate during the last 3 days. Analyze what was healthy, unhealthy, and list ways you could improve your diet.
- Discuss diets and improvements.
- Make 2 nutrition goals for the week.
Week 6: Types of Diet
- Watch the .
- In groups of 2 you will create a Menu for a specific type of diet.
- Finish menus and sign up for items to bring to the dish party.
- Self evaluation for Quarter 1
- Go through the Body Image Power Point below.
- Follow the directions on the Body Images Activities Instructions below.
- Upload your observations to the link below.
- Watch the video “How to have a positive self esteem” below. You may not greet yourself this way every morning but you should consider making time to improve your self esteem.
- Follow the instructions for the What makes me special? Activity.
- Upload your assignment to Moodle.
- Using your avatar from bitstrips.com create a comic strip at least 6 slides long.
- In this comic strip your avatar should be a good role model acting in a situation of your choice.
- Copy and paste your comic strip to a Word document and upload below.
- We will share and discuss the comic strips in the following lesson.
- Complete the fitness survey.
- Analyze what the fitness survey revealed to you by writing a paragraph in the journal below, How can I improve my physical fitness?
Physical Fitness and You
- Complete the fitness survey below.
- Add to the discussion on the journal, How can I improve my physical fitness?
- Complete the physical fitness plan by creating goals and a fitness plan for your week.
- Follow your fitness plan for the week.
- Count your heart rate during each activity.
Evaluating your Fitness Plan
- Answer the following questions
- Did you reach your weekly fitness goals?
- Do your planned activities fall within your Target Heart Rate Zone?
- Do you need to alter your physical fitness activities to meet your goals?
- List 3 things you learned this week by creating your fitness plan.
- Explain how you think this plan might change as you grow older.
- Why is it important to monitor your fitness plan?
- Upload your evaluation to My Physical Fitness Plan Evaluation Upload.
Week 7: Sports Safety:
- Complete your fitness plan.
- Work in groups to complete the “Sports Injury Activity”. Follow the instructions below.