Nutrition and Exercise
Self Management Skills:
- Go to the following website: http://www.nourishinteractive.com/kids/healthy-games/24-my-plate-usda-five-food-groups-healthy-messages
- Read through each of the categories on the interactive plate.
- Create your own digital plate using pictures of different examples for each category.
- Include the notes that you take from the interactive plate (online) to the digital plate you create.
- Upload your digital plate to Moodle.
My Food Journal
- Use one food journal page for each day.
- Log 5 days worth of meals.
- Count up nutrients and serving sizes.
- You will use this information for your group power point.
What makes me special? Activity and Upload
- Create a bitstrips avatar for yourself by going to http://www.bitstrips.com/ and clicking on Daily Funnies Starring You. Make sure it portrays characteristics about you that make you different from everyone else in the class.
- Open a Word document
- Copy and paste your avatar into the Word Document. Below your avatar include the following:
- Your name.
- What would the world be like if everyone looked the same?
- List 3 things that make you different than others physically.
- Why are these 3 things positive.
- List 3 ways that people judge each other.
- Why is it bad to be judgmental?
- List 3 things that you look for in a friend.
- List 3 things that represent your inner beauty.
- How can these 3 things make the world a better place?
- Upload your document to Moodle.
Interactive Food Pyramid
- Go to the following website : http://www.nourishinteractive.com/kids/healthy-games/13-interactive-food-pyramid-five-food-groups
- Read through the instructions and learn from the interactive food pyramid.
- Draw your own food pyramid so that each category shows examples of healthy foods in that category.