Mental and Emotional Health
Conflict, negotiation, compromise, and resolution:
- Read Rina’s story about miss-communication and help her to resolve the conflict by submitting your answers and suggestions to a journal entry submitted to Moodle.
- Choose a partner
- Pick a scenario where a conflict must be resolved. These scenarios will be provided by Mrs. Marci.
- Create a skit with your partner to resolve the conflict using 3 different communication styles:
- Passive: This style offers no opposition when challenged or pressured.
- Aggressive: A hostile and unfriendly style of expressing oneself.
- Assertive: The most healthy form of communication in which a direct, respectful response is made.
- Which making your skit don’t forget to think about other factors that may contribute to communication:
- Speaking Skills: voice volume, tone/pitch, I and you messages, and empathy.
- Listening skills: hearing, active listening, or paraphrasing.
- Body language: opening your eyes wide, winking, scrunching your eyebrows, waving your hands, etc…
- Present your short skits the next lesson.